Since October is fire prevention month, now would be a great time to talk about fire prevention, most importantly candle safety. Most people like myself, love burning candles this time of year. Nothing like coming home to the scent of pumpkin spice, evergreen, or best of all, baked sugar cookies.
So it’s important to review some simple, but often overlooked fire safety tips when burning candles.
1. Never use candles as a night light
2. Avoid using candles in your bedroom
3. Keep candles away from children and pets
4. Keep matches and lighters in a safe place
5. Always keep an eye on the candle
Remember these tips next time you want to burn a candle.